Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gardenia

October 6, 2013




         So I recently bought this sick kimono from my favorite style blogger idressmyselff and from the minute I saw it I immediately knew it had to be put to use. I figured that a dinner date with my closest friend velveteenn would suit this look best. Now, I know what your thinking because I thought the same- how am I going to wear this? Well, I decided that since the kimono is a stand out blatant piece it deserved to be toned down with modern accessories. I chose a cuff sleeved tee with a bold statement to transition this outfit from traditional to modish and paired that with my favorite origami skirt, (ironic I know) to match the kimono and the contemporary vibe I was going for. Now for shoes, I chose point toe leather flats to once again modernize the outfit and stay simple, keeping the kimono as the main focus. To top off this look I dressed the tee shirt up with chunky necklaces, those being a thick chain and a gold collar; the bag tied in the black and gold and proved to be simply perfect for this look. 

Kimono- idressmyselff
Tshirt- Topshop
Skort- Zara
Shoes- GoJane
Necklaces- Forever, H&M
Bag- 3.1 Phillip Lim







No comments:

Post a Comment